Saturday, December 24, 2011

Wellness Qigong Growth


Sharon Fierro

WELLNESS QIGONG GROWTH

This year proved to be a year of significant personal growth. The challenges and changes of 2011 created many opportunities to apply my tai chi, qigong and meditation practices, as well as the teachings from the I Ching. Overall, these taoist practices provided the foundation for greater strength, clarity, understanding and joyful connection with family and friends. And for this, I am most grateful!
Some of the experiences that positively influenced my teaching and my life in 2011 included: (1) an increased commitment to my weekly tai chi, qigong & meditation practices; (2) studying the I Ching, Book of Changes, under Elizabeth’s direction; (3) focusing on harmonizing with the seasons for health and well-being utilizing the 5 Elements Theory, under the direction of Lisa Hish; (4) training Jackie Morhlein, a qigong student, to teach qigong and implement a qigong program for seniors @ the Breakers; (5) successfully working with qigong students with significant health issues; and (6) studying Six Healing Sounds Qigong (with Don and Elizabeth) with the intent to offer this class in 2012.

No comments: